Happy Holiday Season Everyone! Welcome to Sacfit!
Sacramento Friends in Training
(Sacfit) is the premiere nonprofit training program for running and
you're or an advanced runner looking to get
blazing fast for
a PR or a couch potato ready to take that first step toward getting a
little more fit, or if you are interested in running (or
half marathon , we have a program just for you!
Program - Saturday,
January 7, 2017
training program starts
Saturday, January 7, 2017, at 8:30AM.
- Online Registration is open
- In-person registration is Saturday,
January 7, 2017, and continues on Saturday, January 14 and 21, 2017.
Our initial meeting place, for
in-person registration, is at Rio Americano High
here for Rio Americano High School Map and Directions
- The price is $95 for new members
and $90 for returning members.
Training Program Details
16-week program is the longest (and least expensive) in
the region. The longer program allows for the most complete training
to assure the best success and results for any number of Spring-time
training goals you
Additionally, our training program is safe and sensible and is
conformed to each individual's fitness and ability,
Marathon (First-time finish or PR goal)
- Speed work and Marathon base
- 5K, 10K
- General Fitness
- Beginning Walkers and Runners
taking that first step
- Intermediate Walkers and Runners
building on an existing foundation
- Advanced Runners looking to get
faster, hone technique and refine strategy.
typical weekly training is a 4-day schedule:
For our advanced team members,
we add an easy Wednesday workout.
- Saturday group workout (supervised)
- Monday easy workout (on your own)
- Tuesday evening Stair or Track
group workout (supervised)
- Thursday evening Tempo group
for the Upcoming New Year?
For those with a race goal in
mind, our target race is
River Parkway Half-Marathon and 5K. This is our
training program and is perfect for all fitness levels - and
most New Year's Resolutions! Our training program is also
aligned with the Shamrock'n Half Marathon.
HERE to see the various races you
may consider training for
Over the past 11 years, Sacfit
has successfully training nearly 10,000 people whose goals ranged from
qualifying for the Boston Marathon or running a sub two-hour half
marathon to just getting off the couch and moving again and everything
is rooted in providing
a first-class training program and fun experience.
We start with you and your goals, then
construct a training program geared toward your goals and along the way
provide knowledgeable and friendly coaches to educate, support,
you. Here are just a few program features to show you what
- Personalized Training Program
- Individualized Coaching
- Fitness and Nutrition Seminars
- Ability-Based Group Workouts - No
- Strength and Stretching Stations
at Saturday Workouts
- Coaches Who Train With You
- Post-workout Massages on select
- Discounts at Sports Apparel Stores
- Fully Stocked Aid Stations
- Free Family Picnic
- NO FUND-RAISING - it's all about